How Do Exterminators Get Rid of Mice
How do exterminators get rid of mice is a question that many homeowners in the Colorado area ask. As pest control professionals that harness current technology to provide cutting-edge solutions to mice infestations, OMNIS can shed light on the subject.
The Dangers That Mice Pose
Although many people find mice to be small and cute, they can pose serious problems to you and your property. Here are just some of the headaches these little creatures cause:
- Property damage—Mice have sharp teeth and often gnaw through appliances, furniture, and wires. Not only is this damage expensive to fix, but it also poses serious health risks. In addition, the last thing any homeowner wants is to combat a fire that breaks out from chewed electrical wires.
- Disease—Without question, mice carry diseases easily transmitted to pets and humans. Don’t risk your household’s health and well-being by ignoring a mouse infestation.
- Torn insulation—Certainly, mice love insulation materials that are warm and soft. When mice tear up insulation to make nests, your home loses a lot of energy efficiency.
Warning Signs You Have Mice
There are several signs you have mice in your house, including:
- Mouse droppings—these are slightly larger than rice grains and are either brown or black in color.
- Gnawed food bags—this is a sign that you should dispose of the food at once; don’t risk your health by eating food that mice may contaminate. It’s simply not worth the risk.
- Scratching sounds—when you hear scratching and chewing sounds in the walls, there’s a good chance you have mice.
How Do Exterminators Get Rid of Mice? Detective Work!
Seal Entry Points
When you need to rid your home of mice, the first thing to remember is to locate entry points. Specifically, technicians begin with a survey of your home to find the spots these pests use as doorways. Cracks in the foundation, spaces under doors, and gaps in window frames are common culprits.
After that, pest control professionals seal off these points to block mice from entering your property. Effective sealants include steel wool, caulk, lath screens, spray foam, cement, and metal sheeting. Because mice chew through many materials, it’s critical to use seals that sharp rodent teeth can’t compromise, such as steel wool.
Locate Habitats and Nests
When it comes to resting spots, mice love soft and warm places. Consequently, pest control professionals know to check insulation in your walls, as well as crawl spaces and cabinets. Although such hiding spots seem obvious to many homeowners, a seasoned professional can pinpoint spaces that may not occur to laypeople.
How Do Exterminators Get Rid of Mice? Identify Food Spots.
Without question, mice are famous for their powers to locate food sources. As a result, mice often invade pantries, pet food bags, garbage bins, and kitchens. With this in mind, a good exterminator will develop strategies to keep your food inaccessible to mice and other rodents.
How Do Exterminators Get Rid of Mice? Mindful Lures.
Thereafter, pest control professionals set traps around entry points to catch mice. Popular spots include attics, crawlspaces, and corners of your basement. It is important to realize that good technicians don’t set traps in common areas that are frequented by you and your family. Because mice like to stick close to their entry and exit points, traps are usually set in these spaces.
Treat Outdoor Areas with Pest Control Products
In addition to traps, pest control professionals use controlled materials around your property to rid your property of mice. When people ask how exterminators get rid of mice so effectively, we point to the professional-grade products we use. Unlike products that can be purchased over the counter, our materials work very quickly. Consequently, large colonies of mice become things of the past, leaving you with pest-free peace of mind.
How Do Exterminators Get Rid of Mice? Regular Treatments.
Since mice reproduce so quickly, it’s important to get regular pest control services. Explicitly, a monthly visit from an exterminator is an excellent way to keep mice away from your door. With this in mind, that’s a key answer to the question “how do exterminators get rid of mice?”
Got Mice? Call OMNIS.
Emphatically, you should call OMNIS if you have mice in your house. Not only do we know where mice lurk, we also understand what they eat and how they breed. Because of this expert knowledge, we can effectively rid your home of these pests. The sooner you call us, the faster you will enjoy the peace of mind that comes from a pest-free property.